Terms And Conditions
CHECKING IN REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE
Hey - You're Arriving! That Makes Us Happy!
We're a friendly, informal and approachable bunch of people but even affable types like us are obliged to follow legal requirements and check the identity of each guest staying with us. So at check in time we will need to see a form of ID from you. Please bring the relevant documents with you. These are:
- A valid State Issued Identification (I.D.) Card, State Driver’s Licence, or a valid Passport.
- Our check in time is 14:00-22:00. Naturally, it may suit you to check in earlier and as long as you let us have good notice of this intention then we'll try our best to make this possible for you. If you plan to check-in after 22:00, please let the reception know before 18:00. Please note that if you are not in the hotel by 22:00 and you did not let us know by 18:00 and we could not get a hold of you – we’ll assume that this is a no-show.
- A valid credit card or a refundable cash deposit against any damages etc is required.
Ah - You're Leaving! That Makes Us Sad - We Hope You'll Come Back Soon!
- We understand that you may need a bit more of a snooze on your last day with us as you're off on your travels again so unlike a lot of hotels that can't wait to kick you out at ten sharp and come and hint with a loud vacuum cleaner right outside your door at quarter to, we've set our check-out time at 5:00am - 11:00am. We'd love you to enjoy an unhurried breakfast and a final late morning coffee in our lounge before you leave us - so 11 am seemed right to us to give our guests that extra bit of time.
- Checking Out Later than 11 am? We understand that this does happen but we do have to charge a Late Check Out fee as it makes it difficult for us to get our rooms ready in time for new guests. If you do find you have to stay over the 11 am limit then you will be charged for another full nightly rate. There are no discounts available in these cases.
- Please note that reception opening hours are 8:00 – 22:00, so if you are checking out between 5:00 and 8:00 please leave the keys in the key-box provided by the reception.
- Need To Stay An Additional Night? Sometimes circumstances may leave you wanting to spend an extra night and naturally, we'll always try to accommodate this requirement but it is subject to room availability and our full nightly rate will be charged.
RECEPTION OPENNING TIMES
Reception is open from 8:00 till 22:00. Please leave your keys in the key-box provided by the reception if you leave earlier than 8:00 and let us know if you are planning to arrive after 22:00 by 18:00.
- Your reservations are confirmed upon booking if guaranteed by a credit card or a refundable deposit (25% of the total cost of the booking, paid upon reservation). Please note, if you transferred us a deposit 5 days or less prior to you arrival - you would need to bring a copy of your bank transaction with you.
- If you need to change your reservation in any way please ring, email of fax our front desk and our helpful staff will be pleased to assist you
- We always advise people who haven't received confirmation within 24-hours of booking to please take a quick look at their spam filter and junk mail boxes just in case the confirmation has ended up there.
- We know it's not Booker Prize winning material but we do request that our lovely guests do please read the Check-In Requirements and Policies above. It avoids any complications at check in stage if you know what our rules are and it saves time having to fish around for ID or having to wonder about check out times once you arrive at the hotel.
CREDIT CARD CHARGES AND DEPOSITS
- When making a reservation please note that the Hotel requires a valid credit card number or a refundable deposit for all types of reservation. This makes it simple for us to confirm and guarantee our guests their reservations.
- Please note WE WILL NEVER CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD UNTIL THE DAY OF YOUR ARRIVAL, unless of course, you booked a prepaid type of room. Please do read our Cancellation Policy which explains that cancellation charges may be incurred depending on how much notice you give of cancellation.
- The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize the card prior to your arrival whereby the credit card provided will be charged for 1 cent.
- If the guest staying in the room is not the designated holder of the credit card, then we require a Credit Card Authorization Form to be completed. This is a simple procedure whereby we just fax the form to the credit card holder who then completes it and sends it back to us together with a copy of his or her valid State ID or Driver's Licence and of both the front and back of the credit card. We do need to have these forms submitted to us ahead of the arrival of the guest. These forms are also useful to guests because they can be used to authorise any incidental charges the guest may decide to incur.
ROOM RATE GUARANTEE
- You are guaranteed the best rates if you book direct with the hotel via phone, email, fax, website or in person.
- We cannot guarantee the price and availability of the room until your reservation has been made and we have received your credit card information or a refundable deposit.
- Our rates are based upon availability and are therefore subject to change at any time with or without written notice.
- The management reserves all rights and any room rate offer may be modified or discontinued without notice.
- All promotional rates can be confirmed by calling or emailing the front desk.
- All rates are based on the room type and rate plan of your preference or subject to availability of the hotel.
- Should you decide to change the arrival or departure date of your reservation then please bear in mind that the rates are subject to change based on availability.
Please Read Carefully - We'd Much Rather You Didn't Incur Unnecessary Expenses and Decide you Hate Us!
Standard rate plan cancellation policy
- If you cancel, change or modify your reservation more than 48-hours prior to the check-in date (hotel time zone) then you will not incur any cancellation fee or charge – FREE CANCELLATION!
- Ouch! We have to say that if you don't give us 48 hours’ notice we are obliged to charge a fee equal to the total cost of the reservation. Please don't force us to do this to you - we like you and want you to come again some other time and tell all your friends how cool we are!
- Please note, different cancellation policy applies to the following high-demand days: 18-20 Jan, 8-10 Feb, 8-10 March, 21-22 April, 20-21 May, 2-4 June, 1-6 Sep, 23-25 Sep, 30-31 Dec. These dates are non-refundable and if cancelled, modified or in case of no show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Prepaid / Non-refundbale Rate Plan Cancellaiton Policy
Please note, if cancelled or modified or in case of no show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Please note, non-refundable rate plan bookings will be charged on the day of booking.
CHARGES AND EXTRAS
Extra beds are subject to availability and a charged at 30 euro per night. It is always best to confirm this with the hotel prior to the arrival to avoid any disappointment.
Cots for kids are provided free of charge.
Please note that lost/damaged/broken keys are charged at 100 euro per key.
Please note this is a non-smoking hotel and it is equipped with smoke detectors. If you found smoking in the hotel you will incur a charge of 200 euro and may be asked to leave the hotel.
Improper use of fire- or house- alarms is fined at minimum of 300 EUR excluding serivice charges from third parties.
DAMAGE, BREAKAGE, VANDALISM
In case of damage, breakage or vandalism, the guests are liable personally in full for the damage incurred. For group bookings, the party responsible for the whole group (i.e. team leader, booker etc.) is liable for the damage incurred by the group members; also every single guest, who at that time was living in rooms made available to them, is liable to the full extent for the damages caused. The damage, breakage or vandalism that is caused by the group or any member of the group is payable for by check-out and is settled in cash only. Should the payment and the charges for damage, breakage or vandalism be refused to be paid upon check-out, the Hotel has the right to involve local Police to settle the matter.
One child under 2 years may stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Cots are provided free of charge.
All older children or adults are charged EUR 30 per night per person for extra beds.
Maximum capacity of extra beds/babycots in a room is 2.
Any type of extra bed or baby cot is upon request and needs to be confirmed by the hotel.
Supplements will not be calculated automatically in the total costs and have to be paid separately in the hotel.
Breakfast costs 7,95 euro per person. Daily continental breakfast is offered every morning from 7:30 till 10 am in the hotel's breakfast room. If for any reason though you'd like to have it a little earlier or later - just let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate your needs!
Since January 1, 2014 guests have to pay the so-called city-tax upon arrival. The city-tax is imposed by the city of Berlin in the amount of 5% on the room rate. The city-tax is not included in the room rate and must be paid in cash at the hotel.
HOTEL GUEST PARKING
We deliberately chose a location for the hotel that offered ample free parking in the vicinity. Parking is therefore available on the streets next to the hotel building and is free of charge.
Hotel de Ela is a non-smoking hotel, so smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building. Furthermore, hotel is equipped with smoke detectors and fire alarms. If you found smoking in the hotel you will incur a charge of 200 euro and may be asked to leave the hotel.
Oh we're so sorry - we wish we could let you bring along your darling pooch or slinky moggie but because we are an ultra clean, slick hotel with high standards of hygiene we have to be boring and say "SORRY - NO PETS ALLOWED" (and that applies to ALL PETS - no special allowances for that exotic parrot of yours or your tame pet alligator).
Incentives and Bonuses
Please note, incentives and bonuses (like complimentary bottles of champagne, massages and ipads) are available only on prepaid bookings worth more than 300 euro. Offers are subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Hotel de Ela is committed to saving the environment. We're conscious of the current global issues and therefore we adopt certain environmental protection measures:
- We separate waste and widely recycle
- We offer limited laundry service
- We use only energy-efficient lamps and lighting throughout the hotel
- We've installed central switch for electricity
- We utilise water recycling
- We use only environmentally friendly detergents
- We use only recycled paper
- We're eastblishing paperless office
- We use recycled ink for our cartridges